These Funfetti Blondies are perfect for any celebration or special occasion—or just a regular ol’ day after work. They’re easy to make and even easier to eat!
To be honest, I wasn’t always the biggest fan of blondies. Why make blondies when you can just make cookies? Also, every other blondie I had had coconut in it, and I am not a coconut fan. But lately I’ve been inspired by brownies, blondies, and bars of other sorts. I used a friend’s recent birthday as an excuse to experiment, and these Funfetti Blondies were the result!
After making this recipe, I’m now wondering why I never tried baking my own Blondies until now. They’re similar to cookie bars: thick, dense, and chewy, but not too heavy. Serve ’em warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and *chef’s kiss* heaven. And of course, they make a perfect birthday treat.
Why you’ll love my Funfetti Blondies
You only need one bowl. No need to pull out three bowls and a dozen spoons. Fewer dishes to wash is always a plus.
They’re made with browned butter. This is optional, but we know by now how much I love browned butter. You can use regular melted butter, but browned butter takes the flavor to a whole new, delicious level.
It only requires simple ingredients. Butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and mix-ins. You should already have these items in your kitchen. If not, they’re easy to get!
You can add whatever mix-ins you want. For this recipe I added rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Feel free to add whatever mix-ins you’d like! Chopped nuts, dark chocolate chips, craisins, mini peanut butter cups, M&Ms, or other chopped candies would all be really delicious in these Blondies.
This recipe takes no time to make. You can have warm, buttery, chewy Funfetti Blondies ready to eat in under an hour!
How to make Funfetti Blondies
First, make browned butter. Place a stick of butter in a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Once it’s melted, keep it over the heat to brown the milk solids. Let the butter brown until it’s a caramel color and smells nutty. Once it reaches the desired brown stage, remove from heat, pour into a large mixing bowl, and let cool.
Add sugar, egg, vanilla, and optional almond extract to the cooled browned butter. Whisk together until the mixture is smooth and combined. Don’t over mix!
Add dry ingredients. Stir to combine. The dough should be thick and sticky, but not dry and crumbly. If needed, you can add a little milk. But it should definitely not be a thin or runny batter.
Fold in any mix-ins. Press the dough into an 8×8 inch baking pan that’s been lined with parchment, or greased with baking spray. Sprinkle some extra chocolate chips and/or sprinkles on top, if desired.
Bake and cool. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and the edges just start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely in the pan before removing and slicing into squares.
There y’all have it—that’s how you make my Funfetti Blondies! I hope they bring a smile to your face (or a friend’s!) and satisfy your sweet tooth. If y’all enjoyed this recipe, you might also like:
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Birthday Bundt Cake
- Perfect Fudgy Brownies
- Cake Balls
- Edible Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted (browned optional)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, or spray lightly with baking spray.
- Melt (and brown, if desired) the butter in a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Once it reaches your desired level of browned, remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extracts in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir. Fold in sprinkles and chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle with more sprinkles and chips if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and the edges just start to pull away from the pan. Cool completely in the pan before slicing.